Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Sentinels Sent A Letter



Many yellow days and many amber nights later, I have picked up the proverbial pen again. Watch the fuck out.

Besides sweeping by many important milestones and desecrating many relentless pie-suckers; I've been busy with two jobs, a looming (in a good way looming) marriage, catching up on shows and movies, the music of Trespassers William, Mark Lanegan, Ben Harper, Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos, Hem, Neko Case and the Perishers has been whispering early morning lullaby's to me. To all you prissy maybe sparrows, the wedding is on October 21st 22nd.

The second job is interesting, gets me in touch with the natural sensei spirit in me. That said, the next post shall hold a marvelous delight for all us from one of the hospital receptionists.

I spent the better part of my surf seeking day looking for Hem's Funnel Cloud today. Not a good thing when you yearn for something so bad. Every page has a good review, every page has a picture; but no zShare, no sendspace, no mediafire, no RAR NO FUN I SAY. So I give to you, my prettys, Hem's Funnel Cloud in all its multi orgasmic Sharebee glory. Thanks to Asim who put up with my relentless pushing the link-ness-ish-tude.



"...For the Brooklyn based Hem, what you initially hear is what you fall in love with—soft melodies, delicate instrumentals, and quiet, detailed musicianship that seems destined to be duplicated over a career..."

Funnel Cloud is the fourth album by folk rock band Hem. I Considered the band's most ambitious work to date, they recorded the album accompanied by a 21-piece orchestra, as well as James Iha of the Smashing Pumpkins.

The concept was conceived on the day of lead singer Sally Ellyson's wedding, during which the party had to evacuate to storm cellars due to a number of tornadoes that touched down in the area.

Track listing
1. "Almost Home"
2. "Barcarolle"
3. "The Burnt"-Over District
4. "Curtains"
5. "Funnel Cloud"
6. "Great Houses of New York"
7. "He Came to Meet Me"
8. "Hotel Fire"
9. "I'll Dream of You Tonight"
10. "Not California"
11. "Old Adam"
12. "The Pills Stopped Working"
13. "Reservoir"
14. "Too Late to Turn Back Now"
15. "We'll Meet Along the Way"


Download via Sharebee



You can now download lots of Dye Corduroy Mp3s from http://dyecorduroy.4shared.com

For the insolent ones, Dye Corduroy is my baby. And with more than 60 new songs I've yet to lay down, this space shall be the bohemian whorehouse that shall overcome the military masturbation that your life has become. One song at a time.


Last night I saw a Natalie Portman movie Goya's Ghosts. I seriously recommend this movie to any and all who like 19th century an 17th century movies set with the masteries of modern cinema. Natalie Portman in the last 3/4ths of the movie is ravishingly brilliant in her projection of a jaded, paranoid, tormented soul... I won't give away more.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what kind of songs will you allow in your marriage?
Smashing pumpkins?