Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Season of the Witch

full moon bloom

Last night was the full moon. I'm not fairly superstitious, sometimes I wish I was ... but anywhoo ... work was hectic, FAQ's being assembled, munky this, munky that. There was the ever-present dilemma down the alley of 'future never happened' & the coming of age, practicality, conditionality, circumstance and action. feh.


As I got off work at 1am and walked out to my car, I noticed the blaring full moon, ‘twas very bright and as full as I’d ever seen it. Point noted, sat down in the car and drove back from the orthoclear office, onto Raiwind road, a km down it to reach the Motorway junction, Thokar Niyaz Beig, and onto the canal .....

drive

Now there’s a very lonely stretch of road that comes as you get on the road; with the canal on one side and the semi-dense green belt on the other side. The road stretches out straight bathing in its orange streetlight glory, no wagon/bus stop for quite a bit. (Prologue) Now a college friend who lives right close to my new place had mentioned many times how he has seen things that go bump in the night; witches, apparitions and wot not on the canal-road. Not just once or twice but many many times. Since I’ve moved here I’ve always been peripherally on the lookout and never got 'lucky'. Basically just wanted to see what he saw ... or wondered if it was even true. Anywhoooo .... so I’m driving back, hit THAT lonely stretch of road, its 1:15 am and suddenly I see this taller that 6 and a half feet woman type figure walking in the same direction as I was driving, thus with her back towards me; dressed in maroon/red longish clothes with her head covered in it. I was like, hmmm, yea right, now she PROBABLY wont appear in my rearview when I whizz by her at 80 km/h and I can tell another urban legend ... and it happened. As SOON as I passed the walking figure, I instantly looked in the rearview, (average delay .5 seconds?) and there ya go. Clear road. No woman, no long ass red clothes. Just the plain road, empty behind me in rearview as it was ahead of me.

You've got to pick up every stitch, Must be the season of the witch I want to burn the witches inside of her If she floats then she is not a witch like we had thought


Interestingly, about 3 years ago on our beloved canal, Rahimeen, Saad and I were out, I was dropping them home after a jam (Dye Corduroy members na). We were caught in this huge thunderstorm and the rain was pouring down like krazy, branches fallin over & wot not. All of us to this day vividly remember seeing a TALLish (over 7 foot) figure appearing in our headlights in the midst of the water, almost wading, holding a wad of branches on its head. I remember hitting the breaks but we just seem to go right through it and there wasn't any impact or anything we cud see in rearview. THAT was chilly as well. I don’t think I still have a rock solid opinion but just thought I’d share my full moon mini-urban legend slash supernatural slash superstitious semi kool experience.


After getting home, I switched on to see my next Dawson’s Creek episode that was in cue and surely, it was titled Full Moon Rising ( DC Season 2 episode 5 ) and they did talk about the full moon and its weird effect on all of us.

Sheebus.

All fotos by Rebel,Sweetheart ( refer to first post for a quote :P)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

my brother's friend who lived in the defense side of Karachi always told us stories about how his family/friends saw this witch and how people shot at her with guns repeatedly...she never died..im definitely going to get the full story with details later tonight

Anonymous said...

thats SO freaky though! good story..definitely worth the wait..the full moon was so big last night..and closer and prettier than usual

Anonymous said...

Spooky,Coincidental and jeepers creepers.

Have you ever seen a furry friend with two eyes,and a couple of ears?

GULP!!just thinking of it,gives me the chills.

dye said...

dye pilgrim, DYE

Anonymous said...

At 80 km/hr, say it took u 1 sec to check the mirror. then in that one second u had travelled 22 meters roughly and from the picture u posted (is it the same place?) visibility wudnt have been great if it was foggyish next to the canal. so its POSSIBLE to miss her, hm? not really hm..not at 6 feet and red clothes. i just wanna tear ur legend apart coz im jealous i dont have anything exciting to tell other than my weird dreams.

Anonymous said...

oh and the anonymous comment was me..NOT the witch :P

dye said...

THAT piccie is VERY similar to the canal, but as u can see in the credits, its by rebel, sweetheart, that road picture is texas ... THAT night, there was NO fog and it was clear as anything .... and i talked to Rahimeen right now and we totally recalled the 3 year ago incident ... spooooooky

Anonymous said...

MUUUUUUAH

Anonymous said...

Hi dye, I just dropped in on my way back to my New Age Spiritual site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating Season of the Witch. It
is amazing what you find looking through these blogs, and the links from them. Have
you ever done that?