Monday, January 24, 2011

Keyed Out...


So, I lost the key to my office this morning. Probably on the maddening dash from the NJ Transit terminal to Madison Square Garden. Anywhoo... whilst googling places to get key copies made in the Theatre District in Manhattan, I'm pretty much looking at a 6 minute walk to a well reviewed place called Westside Home Center. Everyone's given them 5 stars except one person who took a star off for the following reason:


And the one star I'm deducting is because of the sketchy guys that sometimes hang out near the register conversing sketchily with the slightly sketchy employees in a language i don't understand. For all i know they're discussing what to get for dinner, but the vibe is always... well, sketchy.


Well, come lunch hour, I will do my best to decipher the "sketchy" conversation, ethnicity and subject matter.

More on this later.

p.s. I've also discovered the slightly disturbing, borderline neurotic obsession of some fetishists for collecting keys

No comments: