Saturday, February 06, 2010

Small Blue Things...


Two absolute apt & darling little ditties to warm up the icy sound-waves


Aboslute restrained blistering bouts of infectious indie sensibilities, a semi-epic clocking in at just above 7 minutes.

Fixing an eye on the hopeful/In a heartless room you'll be done soon
The snow is falling down/And the whole damn town is covered with white
It's obvious that trust is the catch and the magnet/ That could pull you through this braille night
Where nothing's free and you just can't see/How to sacrifice what you need to be

A
bout the female voice of the band: Elizabeth Mitchell is an American singer, composer, and guitarist for the New York indie band Ida[1]. While a student at Brown University, Mitchell performed as a duo with fellow class of 1990 classmate Lisa Loeb, called Liz and Lisa. Mitchell sang backup on Lisa Loeb's first hit, "Stay (I Missed You)", which topped the charts from the soundtrack to Reality Bites.
--------------------

And ofcourse Suzanne Vega's return to brilliance, her re-interpretations of classic dwindling eclectic folk brilliance... for people who have understood the evolution of alternative and viable AND the kiddies out there discovering the joy of indie, give this dittie a spin and grab the record.



I am cold against your skin
You are perfectly reflected

I am lost inside your pocket

I am lost against your fingers

I am falling down the stairs

I am skipping on the sidewalk

I am thrown against the sky

I am raining down in pieces

I am scattering like light…

From the official website www.suzannevega.com
Suzanne Vega reinterprets her best-loved songs in imaginative and intimate renderings The first of 4 CDs in Suzanne’s Close-Up Series. Vol. 1: Love Songs includes: "Marlene on the Wall," "Caramel," "Gypsy" and "Small Blue Thing."
"These are songs that I have written over the years and now re-recorded. I wanted to give you, the listener, a small sort of gift These are the songs I consider love songs, although they are also songs of attraction, flirtation, and confrontation. Thanks for listening."
With Love,
SUZANNE

No comments: