Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Monsoon Mixtape of Love: The Defintive Mid-Season Special....


Since the "14 days - 7 ways" series has been quite popular, I've decided to stretch it out a little. There has been some absolutely brilliant new music that's been coming out & i've been trying my best to wrap my zen around it. So, in appreciation of some tracks that have been on heavy rotation in my head & in my car & at night when I slip to sleep, let me dangle these beauties in front of you to pick ripe & feed on...

Also - I mentioned that there is a secret catalog of Dye Corduroy's country/alt. country songs that I've written & tucked away. I've decided to surface some of the tracks from the series - Havoc County. If anyone wants lyrics, please let me know & I shall post them.

So here they are, the dye corduroy alt. country ditty complete with slide guitar & heavy breathing (heh) & a few gems of tracks to slap on your ipod/whatevermp3deviceyouuse/iprepferthecreativezen & go driving in the rain/sun/humiditylikeatonofbricksburstingyourhairintoanafro:


(You can stream the mp3s or download them by right-click & save target as all you want)





Dye Corduroy - Havoc County
key-lyric - "razorblades & blunt perceptions/ easy girls & congruent men... havoc medicine"
Alternative country

Garrison Starr - Unchangeable
key-lyric - "everybody is laughing out loud to hide all the fear they feel/ everybody has made up their minds on what to believe is real"
Alternative pop



Death Cab for Cutie - My Mirror Speaks

key-lyric - "i always fall in love with an open door...."
Indie


Sarah Blasko - We Won't Run
key-lyric - "there is far to go now, let's not waste a minute more..."
Indie-pop

Bim - The Battle
key-lyric - "did i win the battle or lose the war? i am unsure"
Indie-electro-acoustic pop


Claire Burson - 1000 miles

key-lyric- "listen to your records in the dark and think of us"
Alt. country


Palomar - Our Haunt
key-lyric - "with you gone i lost my peace of mind/ but we all... walk on... walk on..."
Alternative




7 honey-dipped indie recommendations - the 7 blogisode series. This was blogisode one. Emme Packer/Madi Diaz/Kate Tucker/Mid-Season Special/Caitlin & Wil/Voyces/Portico/Special - Indie Undercover

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I assume nice post. Especially the appellation attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

dyepookiedye.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

i truly enjoy your own writing choice, very exciting,
don't quit and also keep writing in all honesty , because it simply nicely to follow it.
excited to look at way more of your articles, kind regards ;)

Anonymous said...

Web design
very hndy, thanx a lot for this blog ..... This is exactly what I was looking for.