Monday, July 11, 2005

Drowning in the Brevity ...


Blekh.

4 new songs done, all mixed and sitting pretty in my hard drive waiting to be upped. Soon Mildred, soon ...
The last one that I've just finished is called "jang" and the interwoven music part turned out much bigger than I expected, quite the aural soundscape. Someone suggested it deserves an instrumental release as well ... anywho, there is a "jang part deux" which was originally part of the song but will now be a separate track, essentially a response ... aspiration of sort to the murky and quite miserable part I.

Other than this, Falak, Kaalee Raatein and Many Yellow Days are awaiting the bus ride to cyberphuckcity.

I got a promotion, whoop dee doo. The Counting Crows' Long December has been playing in my head for quite a bit now, perhaps the California reference ... Saadia thinks that Adam Kadleck reminded me of Adam Duritz but that's not the case, but Adams' California roots did stir up thoughts of a lot of songs with California references, also my own Emily Wells ode Emily Faraway. Then I go on to see OC which has my favorite Cali. reference song as the title theme: Phantom Planet's California. LOVE the song to pieces. Topping it all Rufus' Waniwrights' California also played in the second episode I think ... and I've been hooked on to OC, obviously its all about Cali.

Oh, Waisee Poo burnt more goodies for me :) (FYI - that nick gave birth to itself, all good music providing and kool ppl become "-ee poos" in mine and saadias mentions) Finally managed to find the Dresden Dolls. Poochie went erratically devious on one spin of "Coin operated Boy". Lets keep the dresdens away from her for a bit eh?

Lots of events looming round the corner, MAQ's getting hitched, YouseeKoosee and Amna are getting engaged-type-thing and ofcourse mk's birthday ... which reminds me, did we miss KK's birthday? I knew it was a pre birthday bash but WAS there a bash? Feh. I need to be good to my car again ... the aliens that hid underwater need to die or come out already ...

*the amazing problem solving brevity of Waisee-poo*

a d i L / decibels of this disenchanting discourse says:
dude, the bigbrutha inda hood
a d i L / decibels of this disenchanting discourse says:
whenever i try to charge a case it gives me that underlying connection closed error
a d i L / decibels of this disenchanting discourse says:
any idea wot the dealio is?
« symmetric chaos » says:
yeah. IT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the songs...

Anonymous said...

congrats on your promotion,are you chief teeth executive now?